Sunday, April 11, 2010

Man Needing to be Fished.

I think it's time to start looking for another church.

I have said for some time that I favor separation of church and state. What I mean by that is that I don't want politics getting involved in my religion and I don't want religion getting involved in my politics.

I really don't care what political persuasion my pastor subscribes to, so long as he keeps it off the pulpit. But when you go on record about your feelings on Glenn Beck during your sermon, then you've made it clear where your politics are, which creates a wedge. I am uncomfortable knowing that somehow my pastor's political beliefs are strong enough to allow them to encroach into his preaching, and that is genuine cause for concern.

2 comments:

Em said...

I ABSOULETLY agree!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Apparently First UMC in Tacoma once advertised itself as a sanctuary for draftees who didn't want to serve. I understand they came under a lot of fire for that. But, then, that was a congregational decision, so maybe a little different than your situation.