Sunday, December 15, 2019

Wine me Dine me

We went out wine tasting today.  There's a decent chance this will be the last time we go out wine tasting this year.  Fortunately, we went to a couple places we hadn't been for a while, but we also went to one of my favorites - Abassador Wines of Washington. 

I've found that I like earthy wines - dark fruits, some tobacco or leather, maybe even some licorice or cigar smoke.  I don't like the really tannic, bold reds that will smack your jaw and leave you withing you had something else.  Heck, even for steaks, I prefer a good merlot to a cab, unless it's a very marbled ribeye. 

At any rate, Ambassador has easily my favorite grenache in the state.  I do recommend it.  Tasty, approachable, not too overt.  It's exactly what I look for in a red. 

Thus ends my free advertising for Ambassador Wines of Washington.

No comments: