Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Wednesday - Crossroads

So I turned down a job offer a couple weeks ago, though I'm having second thoughts. The attorney is quite amicable, very knowledgeable, and I'd have full time hours at about $75-100/hour.

My current job allows me a lot of flexibility - I get to work on my own set of hours, I get to work at my own pace, and I get to stay at home - no commute, but I make less money per hour and I work fewer hours.

I'm not sure how I should handle this - maybe I should call the attorney who I'd turned down to see if he might have a spot for me part time a couple days a week, or maybe I should give up on the job I'm doing currently, or maybe I should continue doing what I'm doing, or I should switch jobs altogether and move to the new firm, which would give us the financial means for my wife to leave her job to find a new one if she wanted, closer to home...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many options...how to choose?

red.hot.mamma! said...

I don't have the answer, but it's awesome that you have options! What is the other position? Would it present more of a challenge or professional growth? Working from home has advantages, but there's also something to be said by having a reason to put on pants everyday.

photog said...

Sorry we haven't talked in a while. What did you decide?

STCL Alumni Happy Hour this Thursday. I still don't know if I can attend. I am speaking at a small HBA conference on Friday and I still haven't written my paper, prepared the powerpoint slides, or even determined what exactly I'm speaking about. Should be a fun week ahead.

Tyreese Nelson said...

Thannks for posting this