Friday, January 25, 2013

WOMBAT

I'm taking a brief break from Oil and Gas writing today.  Instead, I went and watched Movie 43, which was quite possibly the worst movie with the most talent I've ever seen.  I don't understand how Kate Winslett, Hugh Jackman, Emma Stone, Halle Berry, Patrick Warburton, and so many others could let themselves end up in a movie that bad.  I don't think I could quantify just how bad this movie was, and this is after going in knowing it was a January release. 

One other thing I noticed, was that before the 20 minutes of movie previews (!), was something I've never imagined would be possible.  It was a preview for a commercial.  There was a commercial preview at the movie theater before the movie previews, complete with a reference to go look up the product for the complete Super Commercial (I'm guessing the "premiere" of the commercial will be at the Super Bowl). 

We are screwed as a nation. 

(WOMBAT is an acronym that means "Waste of Money, Brains and Talent")

No comments: