Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Police State Watch

I understand that there are several people who are absolutely certain that life begins at conception, despite the clear inability to prove such a thing. I also am aware that many people believe that life begins at birth, or somewhere in between, as our nation's and the Christian heritage established.

I also know that miscarriages are an act of nature, and they occur quite often.

What I don't understand is how anyone could expect to enforce a law that criminalized miscarriages if the woman acted "recklessly." "Reckless" of course, is a magic word that means whatever the speaker intends it to mean.

I don't see how this proposed law in Utah does anything other than place women further under a blanket of subjugation by the state.

No comments: