Monday, October 07, 2013

Meanderings

So we have a Taekwondo tournament coming up this weekend.  This will be my third, the Princess's third, and the Apple's fourth, which means he has enough tournaments to be eligible to test for his black belt at the next Black Belt testing date, which I believe is in March of next year.  We have another tournament next month in San Antonio that we are planning on attending, which would qualify the princess and myself for the belt, and would put the Apple one test away from earning his certificate to accompany his belt.

Y'all don't really know this, because, well, I don't think any of you read this anymore, but even if you did, I really haven't posted much about it, but I'm pretty giddy in that over the past almost 5 months, I've been working at getting myself into a shape that isn't round.  I've been relatively successful.  In all, before my workout this morning, I had lost 39 pounds, give or take, from where I was at the outset of this endeavor.  I have been trying to incorporate more cardio and weights into my daily routine, as well as two one-mile walks with the dog, and my aforementioned taekwondo. 

It's been tough to lose it, but I can honestly say that I feel better with it off.

No comments: