Sunday, October 13, 2019

Got propane

So, I fired up the Weber and grilled hamburgers tonight. 

I grew up in the PNW for the most part, so growing up, we thought barbecue was a verb that meant "to cook outside."  It wasn't until I moved to Texas in the AF that I learned the truth - barbeque is a noun.  It's something you have.  Slow cooked, over low heat, usually with some smoke to add extra flavor.  In Texas, brisket is king, but I've had some outstanding turkey breast, ribs, ham, you name it. 

At any rate, I've moved back up north, and I've had to explain to several folks the difference between  northern barbecue and "real" barbecue.  There are a couple good places up here, from what I've heard, yet I sadly have not hit any of them yet. 

Perhaps I need to start talking wine again.

No comments: