It's been a while since I've been hit with a Meme. I can't actually say as I remember the last one that got to me. Therefore, it was a bit of a surprise when Bookworm stopped by and tagged me, though a welcome one. Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Present an image of martial discord from whatever period or situation you'd like.
Let's get started:
1. I've gone skiing one time. I'm pretty sure I dislocated my thumb, though I never went to the doctor about it. I spent the day with a giant tear in the crotch of my trousers, and didn't realize until about 30 minutes before we left the park.
2. Technically, I have traveled to or through 26 states. I say technically, because I don't know if you can count Colorado (at the Denver Airport), Nevada (at the Las Vegas airport, though I was there long enough to lose $20), or when I "went" to Maine - we were trying to go to my friend's friend's house for a party in New Hampshire, took a wrong turn, and crossed the bridge into Maine, turned around and went right back.
3. I am a Plaintiff's lawyer by trade, but not necessarily by desire.
4. My wife and I were writing partners in English class in 1987. We didn't know we would end up married at the time.
5. I once thought I killed a cat by driving over it on the way to an ice skating rink with my sister and two of our friends. The laughter from the fact that we didn't feel a bump and therefore thought we dragged the cat on the road was not intentional, but more circumstantial. On the way back home, nobody said anything for about a 2 mile stretch where we were expecting to see cat guts all over the ground. The laughter that came from not seeing anything was huge, and full of relief.
6. Sometimes while in law school, I wondered if I was going to school for the same reason Bernice bobbed her hair. I think I had a different motivation.
7. I am an 8 year veteran of the Air Force.
Now, the image of martial discord, from my trip to New Orleans last year in January, a picture I took in the lower 9th Ward:
For those I tag, I'm going to go with the Family and Alumni +1 approach:
1. One Step Sideways
2. Raise Your Hand If...
3. Jack's Mama
4. Rambling Photos of a Life Lived (who's been rather busy living life, and may not have time for twaddle like this)
5. Red Hot Mamma
6. Cat Bandit
7. Vim and Vinegar