Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Frustration

We bought a futon for the game room, so that the kids could have a place to sit and watch movies and the family would have a nice place to sleep when they visit. It wasn't the greatest futon - it was microfiber, but it worked. At least, until the kids got ahold of it. We've had it for about 10 days, and it's broken. The kids, thinking they found the coolest game on the planet, would run and jump on the back of the futon/sofa and pull it onto the floor. They would then pick it up and do it again. This ultimately resulted in the wood frame cracking and tearing the Naugahyde cover.

I'm very frustrated. It wasn't the most glamorous piece of furniture, but it should have lasted more than a week.

2 comments:

photog said...

They don't normally act that way. They just haven't had their naps.

Is it completely ruined, or just unlovely?

Anonymous said...

Did you warn them that this is Granny's bed? And I need a good place to sleep because my heart got broken and had to be fixed. I'll show them my scar at Christmas, and shame them......(no, I probably won't) I noticed that Wal Mart has metal framed futons. They would have to work harder on that.