Thursday, July 31, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere

That's what we were dealing with for quite some time. Until we realized that there was a broken pipe under our driveway.

So, two days without water and $1000 out of pocket (the damage was not within the walls of the house, thus not covered by warranty), and we now have water again.

I will say that the plumber was a good guy - professional, courteous, nice. But it's not fun to shell out $1000 to repair something that you thought was fine a month ago.

2 comments:

red.hot.mamma! said...

Welcome to home ownership. Another reason why I'm content to rent forever.

photog said...

The joys of home ownership. I not exactly content to rent forever, but I sure don't want to own a home (preferably a condo) that I can't afford to fix if/when it breaks. And right now I can't afford much of anything. Maybe in 30 years, when the student loans are paid off, I can afford to buy a home ... in the retirement community.