Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

This is a day for Veterans. It's a day to honor and pay respects to those who have served, and are serving. It's not a day for politics, for politicians, for political speeches. It's not a day for divisiveness between parties, as Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and many others serve and have served. It's not a day for Christians, Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, Hindus, Athiests, or Agnostics, as all of these religious beliefs (or disbelief) are represented among those who serve or have served.

Let today be filled with honor for those who have sworn to defend this country and our way of life. A day to celebrate the freedoms that we enjoy because of the liberties these men and women have sacrificed, including, for far too many, trading their lives for ours.

To those with whom I served, those who served before me, and after me, to my Father, my Father-in-law, my brothers-in-law, my grandfathers, my great-grandfather, thank you for your sacrifice. Two days a year are but reminders - your service is appreciated every day.

No comments: