Monday, April 11, 2005

There is something fundamentally wrong about this

I admit it, I can be downright hyperconservative at times, but I don't think this is one of them. I know that this is an allegation and nothing's been proven, but the idea is just reprehensible:

Woman Accused Of Giving Pot To Dauthter
I can't even think of what to say here. The girl is 5. Just completely wrong. I can't even write coherently about this. You guys take a look and decide what you think. I don't think it matters whether you are pro-pot or against pot, I would hope you recognize that there's something inherently wrong with giving it to a 5-year old.

4 comments:

B said...

Absolutely wrong. And definitely not hyperconservative, IMO. I'm about as conservative as you can get, but I don't have a huge problem with pot. My biggest problem with people smoking it is that it's against the law. I don't see how it impairs you any more than alcohol (don't buy the slippery slope idea, here) so if it was legal I wouldn't go nuts trying to oppose it. HOWEVER, just as I wouldn't give alcohol to a minor, let alone a 5 year old, no WAY would I ever let my own or another child touch marijuana. Giving anything to a child to impair them is beyond absurd and immoral.

English Professor said...

I can't add much to B's comments, because I agree with all of them. I'm not all that conservative, but jiminy cricket, how stupid can one possibly be to think that this might be okay? One shudders to think about the rest of her parenting skills.

Michelle said...

Absolutely reprehensible. I wish i was prosecuting her.

red.hot.mamma! said...

i think the following pretty much sum it up for me:

22
3 kids
trailer park
priors for public intoxication & marijuana possession

as much as i support reprodutive rights and all that, i seriously would not object if someone could figure out a way to keep people from procreating unless they passed some sort of basic test of parenting skills. let's face it - we're in no danger of not being able to propogate the species, but i do think it's time we become a little more selective in our procreation. and yes, i know how bad that sounds. i said it. yes, that's me.