Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mmmmmmmeatloaf!

I've always liked meatloaf. It's a wonderful meal that tastes much better than it sounds. When I went out to a Polish Restaurant a few months ago, I ordered a pork meat loaf, which was outstanding. I'm not the only one who recognizes how good a meat loaf really is, as my son once declared it his favorite food.

And, lest you think we're the anomaly, here's an article that notes the rising popularity of meat loaf among the new generation. It's being served in bistros and restaurants with the kids condiment of choice, ketchup. And I'm sure many people have fond memories somewhere of family dinners with the meatloaf on the table.

Now I'm hungry.

1 comment:

English Professor said...

Yes, some meatloaf is excellent (mine and my mother's, for instance). But beware ordering it at a restaurant outside the U.S. On the last day of a 10-day trip to Germany, I ordered meatloaf at a restaurant in Frankfurt, expecting something similar to the comfort food served in America. What I received was a two-inch thick slab of bologna, with other assorted fatty meats mixed in; it was absolutely inedible. So while I had thoroughly enjoyed my meals the previous nine days, I learned to wait until I reached America to order what I think of as American food.