Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Season of Giving

The boy and I went shopping today. He had some Christmas money he got from Great Grandma, and wanted to pick up a couple toys. He chose a football (that's my boy!) and the favorite of multiple generations, the slinky. We also got gifts for gramma, mom, the girl, and the baby boy. Finally, we picked up three gifts (one for a big boy, one for a young girl and one for a toddler) and donated them to Toys for Tots. The boy was very happy about this. He truly loves giving and sharing, possibly more than getting gifts. I wish I could take credit for this in him, but I can't. This giving spirit is his and his alone. Would that everyone's kids could be that willing to share.

3 comments:

red.hot.mamma! said...

That's so wonderful! Good for Ben!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that his parents also influence his life and his choices, no matter how much they think they don't. I am delighted in this little boy. He cares about others; and I am delighted that he has a dad who honors and encourages that.

Cassie said...

My nephew is so sweet. I just love him.