Monday, September 25, 2006

Health

I talked to a couple of my friends from the old days yesterday and today. Yesterday, I spoke with my best friend; it was like old times in bizarro world. Here's the guy I went through Junior High and High school with, the guy I worked with for 2 years, the guy who I hung out with pretty much continuously for 8 years. Last night we talked about Blood pressure and cholesterol medication. Crazy, growing old.

Today, I spoke with another two of my closest friends from before I enlisted. Turns out one of them had a quadruple bypass a couple weeks ago. They found out there was a problem when he went in to get a checkup before his vasectomy (yet another reason not to get a vasectomy, don't need a heart attack) and they found some problems that required surgery. He's doing well, though his wife joked that he might not live longer at home... at least, I hope she was joking ;-)

Anyway, it was nice to catch up with everyone; it's been years.

In local news, my stress test came back good. I have a healthy heart and no blockage in my arteries, so I'm doing all right. Now I just have to convince the boss to let me join the Y again so I can start playing racquetball again. Good times. Of course, we still have the little problem of figuring out what in the world is causing me chest pains...

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

What a timely post. We went up to the mountains this weekend with friends. On Sunday, we took a gondola up to the top of the peak, and then hiked down. The kids (1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th grade) whined incessantly, but went down like mountain goats. The adults relied heavily on Motrin for foot problems, knee problems, back problems, and general out-of-shapeness. We try to deny age's toll on our bodies, but weekends like this show that, while we've got emotional stamina the kids lack, we're degrading and declining!