Saturday, March 29, 2008

Keeping Well Enough Alone

I'm not sure what credibility Karl Rove has right now. But, that doesn't stop him from stumping. I can't decide if he's attacking Obama because Barack is the presumptive Democratic candidate, or if it's because he's working for Hillary to keep the Bush-Clinton family in the White House. Either way, attacking Obama with a question like "what bills has he sponsored?" is right out of Rove's playbook. He knows that most Americans have heard that Obama is not very experienced in Congress (W had no Congressional experience and not much as Guverner of Texas), and that one way to help get people to look away from the potential candidate is to draw attention to that perception. It's a nice innocent question, because it has an answer, and the answer is "a lot," but most people aren't going to go look and see how many bills and amendments to bills Obama has sponsored or cosponsored, and the phraseology is what matters, because it implies that he has done nothing while in the Senate. In truth, however, Barack Obama's name appears as sponsor or cosponsor on 120 bills and amendments according to the Library of Congress website.

I have my reservations about Barack Obama. I have my reservations about John McCain. I have a hunch that whichever one I vote for, I'm going to have some serious buyer's remorse immediately. However, I know that I cannot vote for Hillary Clinton. Which means I'm probably looking at a third party again. If only there was one that was actually viable, like a moderate libertarian party. But maybe it's too late in the game for me to hope for a party closer to what I want from my government.

2 comments:

How Insane Is John McCain? said...

Obama has the most integrity.

And if you have any doubt, just check out McCain's flip flops.

photog said...

Why don't you run for president? I'd vote for you. You just need to find $100M lying around to fund your campaign.