Saturday, March 08, 2008

So I've been ill

I've not been feeling well this past week. I thought it was a cold; and still do to a certain extent, but it's persistent. I have been tired, going to bed before nine three times this past week, and lethargic, needing a nap today. I've had headaches, though no fever until this afternoon, and a lot of sinus pressure, and I discovered a swollen gland last night that's still lurking about today.

Unfortunately, I am a contract employee on hourly wages; so I don't get paid if I don't go to work. What makes it worse is that I don't want to go to work if I'm actually sick, because I don't want to get my coworkers sick. But, since I've not been feverish, I've been loathe to call in sick, though I probably should.

I've also got a really red nose right now from a pimple inside the nostril that always hurts more than a pimple should. It makes me look worse than I have already been feeling.

Now the wife is feverish, and the kids are full of energy. Happy Saturday everyone. I'm done complaining now and will try to post something either a little more upbeat or legal-oriented here shortly.

No comments: