Saturday, March 29, 2008

Perhaps a little concern

I went to the gym today. I stepped on the scale before my workout, as I always do. I noticed something slightly odd. I weighed less than I did the last time I went to the gym. Three pounds less from my post-workout weight last week. I lost 3 pounds without working out for a week. Being that I am not ignorant of diabetes, it made me somewhat concerned that I had weight loss without effort. But I don't have any other symptoms, such as polyuria, polydipsia, polyphagia, blurred vision, or fatigue. Also, the scale felt different. It wasn't quite as wobbly as it had been the last few times I'd gone in, and it was also on a new pad. It's entirely possible that my weight had been registering high the last few weigh-ins due to it not being properly balanced, and my weight was correct. So for the time being, I'm not going to stress the weight loss, as it's what I've been wanting to do for a while.

So the good news is, I'm 30 pounds down from where I was the day after I took the Bar (about 7 months ago). That's not bad. Now, if I can drop about 10 more, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

photog said...

I found them ... those three pound you lost. Actually, I'm up about 20-30 pounds from when I entered law school. Hopefully the new job will allow a more regular schedule and I can make progress in my battle of the bulge.