Sunday, August 17, 2008

Plumb Tuckered Out

The Apple is asleep. He had a busy weekend. Yesterday, we went out for dinner with Photog and the Feisty 'Bama Princess. We had Pizza. It was good; not great pizza. I'd go back. I think for the money, I prefer Donnelly's Pizza, though.

After that, we went to a Mexican Ice Cream Parlor, where we had Mexican Ice Cream. It was good; better than I had in mind when we stopped. I had a strawberry sorbet, which tasted like it was freshly made. The kids had their ice cream and then spent 20 minutes running up and down the sidewalk.

Today, we had Nuje and family come over. It's been about a month since we'd seen them, so it was nice to have them over again. We played Scrabble, which I won, and Progressive Rummy, in which I was destroyed. Much fun was had. We also had steaks and hamburgers; the kids watched movies and played games. Good times with the wife's Matron of Honor and clan.

We missed church today. I like taking the kids to church because it seems to have a positive effect on their behavior during the week; but we were unable to get ready in time today. We'll make it up next week. I'm not completely sold on the church we're going to - it's a little too gospel for me; but that might just be the southern Methodist style, as I've been unable to really find something here that is what I'm familiar with. Still, the family seems to like it, and it's important to provide the exposure to the kids, in my mind, so it's worth it to me.

That's about it for now - I know that didn't sound like much, but we kept moving all weekend. We'll talk more soon.

2 comments:

photog said...

"a little too gospel for me"

Please explain.

Steve said...

I'm not big on evangelical style preaching.

I like the church; the people are nice and the pastors are pleasant. I just prefer a more traditional service myself. It's what I'm used to.