Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day

This is a day for remembering. For thanking the millions of Americans past and present who have put their country before themselves and donned a uniform and taken up arms to defend it. This is a day to thank those who did what so many wouldn't do, or would do "but for" whatever reason. We're free today because these men and women were willing to preserve that freedom. As a veteran of Operation Allied Force, I would like to thank those who have served before me, including my father, both grandfathers, and my great grandfather, all of whom served during significant times in World history (Vietnam, WWII and Korea, and the Spanish American War). I want to thank my comrades in arms, for having the courage to continue to defend this country.

2 comments:

English Professor said...

I got goosebumps reading this post. My heartfelt thanks to every veteran reading this.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. I am proud of my grandfather, my dad, I am proud of your dad and his father. And yesterday, as I participated in our Veteran's Day Assembly, and thanked a Pearl Harbor Survivor for his contribution, I was overcome. I wished that somehow I could serve. And finally I thought, maybe I do.