Sunday, December 07, 2008

Grumpy Boy

The Boy is a little grumpy. He has to turn in an assignment to school tomorrow about the Coahuiltecan indians of South Texas. He chose this group (they are not a tribe) because he read that they ate deer dung, among other things. He's learned quite a bit about the tribe, but I think it's in spite of his desires.

Right now, we're working on a diorama to use as a visual for the class to see. I would have gone out and bought some of the foods they ate, but I'm not sure where to find prickly pears, cactus leaves, grubs, dirt, rabbits, lizards, ant eggs, spiders, and snails outside of San Angelo, and that's too far to commute. So instead, he's building a sample house of theirs called wikiups.

All in all, I'm interested in what he's learned, but I wish he was a little more into completing the assignment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fiesta might have had the prickly pears and cacuts leaves.

I have the rest in the backyard.

Feisty 'Bama Princess said...

Whole Foods normally has cactus leaves as well as prickly pears and some other weird items...