Monday, December 15, 2008

Stupid Virus

Grandma's coming tomorrow night - we're excited to have her. I have depositions to edit that are due tomorrow. I have at least two other corporate entities whom I must review records for to determine what to use in deposition, I still haven't put up the Christmas tree (we don't have much for Christmas decorations outside the tree), and we have to finish cleaning the house.

So I end up with a virus. Not just any virus, but an Antivirus 360 virus.

I have not yet downloaded the link, which is going to be a pain in the rear to get rid of. If it's half as hard as getting rid of whatever I have, that is. It sounds like I'm going to have to get in and dig around the registry, which I'm reluctant to do as I'm no computer guru.

I've talked with my computer guy at work and have learned that McAfee, while once the gold standard in virus protection, no longer is the leader. Now he recommends Panda Security, which I will be downloading tonight or tomorrow, as well as Spybot Search and Destroy, which I'm going to set up here briefly.

This is going to be a fun evening. Wish me luck.

No comments: