Saturday, December 06, 2008

'Tis the Season

Last night was the wife's office Christmas Party. Nothing like 2 score real estate guys and gals drinking it up. Actually, it was fun. We ate at Smith and Wollensky, which was pretty nice, though I would have to say if you go and you have a choice between the Filet (which I had) and the Prime Rib (which was an option), go with the Prime Rib. It looked juicy and succulent while my filet was burnt and dry.

I also had some nice wine, about a glass and a half (I don't really drink, but I never "quit" so I don't think I cheated) and some wassail, which I thought was just something you sang about with love and joy. It wasn't bad - it tasted like guava juice with mulling spices.

While my wife were out having fun in Highland Village, the kids were busy being babysat by the Photogs. It sounds like much fun was had by all, except near the end of the evening when exhaustion took over and the Wii started cheating on the young'uns.

Tonight I took the Boy out for one of his birthday gifts. We went to a Houston Aeros game. He had fun, though I think he was almost as excited about getting a blanket from the cheerleaders as he was about the game. It was a good game. 3 fights, 7 goals - at least 3 on Power Play and one in the last minute with the goalie pulled. The only downside is that I got mustard on my shirt from the $8(!) hotdog. It was a good experience, though, and I'm glad to have gotten to take The Boy to his first hockey game.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a day off - I think I'm going to relax, rake the leaves back into a pile for the kids to jump in (we have pictures, it's cute), and watch some football where Florida doesn't win.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize wassail was a drink either.

The one time I went to S&W's, I ordered the black pepper filet and it was awesome.