Sunday, April 02, 2006

Pickle Things

I like Pickles, dill pickles, if I'm eating just the pickle itself. I don't care for pickles on things, like hamburgers or sandwiches.

My best friend is a pickle junkie, though. He would put them on his hot dogs (pickles, not relish), with cheese. I couldn't do that, myself. He's also the one who would get excited when the last pickle was eaten, because then he could drink the pickle juice. I remember the first time I saw him pour a glass of pickle juice; I thought he was playing a game with me. But no, he drank it all, and did so on several other occasions.

As for me, I'll stick with the Vlasic Kosher Dills.

4 comments:

Junie B said...

drinking pickle juice after partaking in alcoholic beverages all evening will ward off even the worst of hangovers.

i'm just sayin...

heatherfeather said...

me? i'm not a pickle person. once i bought a jar of pickles because i thought my fridge felt more complete with them. but alas, i never ate them.

because i'm not a pickle person. but i do like pickled ginger.

it's odd because i love things sour and i love vinegar. but not pickles.

English Professor said...

I distinctly remember the first time I drank pickle juice. I was about 10, spending the night with a cousin, and was violently ill all night long. (Evidently my digestive system wasn't fond of pickle juice.) Not only was that the first AND last time I drank pickle juice, but I believe it may have been the last time my aunt invited me to sleep over at their house.

Cassie said...

Ahhh I remember bringing home pickles for this particular friend anytime we saw great big pickles sold anywhere. This is the same person who along with his brother drank vinegar plain every few years to make sure they weren't vampires(vampires like the taste of vinegar, therefore if he and his brother didn't like the taste they were ok.)This is the same friend who believed that Rowdy Roddy Piper lived across the lake but only came over after he had gone to bed.