Monday, December 04, 2006

Ambivalent Amnesia

I've been studying for Criminal Procedure for the better part of the last 3 days (except for a few hours yesterday where I studied for TX Pretrial procedure). I don't know that I'm getting any smarter, but I am getting to a point where I don't know that I actually remember what I'm studying.

Names are swirling through my brain right now - Terry, Belton, Miranda, Edwards, Massiah, Batson, Aguilar-Spinelli, and so on. They no longer hold any particular significance in my head, other than I know that they refer to Criminal Procedure, and their names are now associated with various tests for admissibility of evidence...

And I find that I don't particularly care that I can't remember what they all pertain to with specificity. Finals are not my favorite time of the year - I'm ready to be done. I'll accept a C if you don't make me take the test (you benefit because you have one less test to grade!)

I still have Pretrial and Marital Property to go through - that's what I'm mostly ticked about - I'm already apathetic and I'm not even halfway done!

No comments: