Friday, December 15, 2006

Another product of No Child Left Behind

We went to a Christmas festival program last night; it was a lot of fun - kids got to play in snow (in Houston, that's a rarity), see Santa Claus, and ride on ponies. There were other activities, but the lines were 30 minutes long for all of them. Thanks Aaron for tipping us off about it.

Anyway, we stopped at a McRestaurant drive-thru to get some dinner on our way over there. I'll replay the conversation between myself and the drive thru guy in part:

"Hi, can I take your order?"
"Yeah, I'd like three chicken nugget happy meals with apple juice..."
"OK, I have a chicken nugget happy meal with an apple juice. What would you like to drink with that?"

I'm so glad the president made sure that reading a math were of the utmost importance, heaven forbid our folks learn useless crap like comprehension. Of course, to be fair, he may just be an idiot and no amount of schooling, president's version or no, could help him.

2 comments:

Bellejar said...

Ha. That rules.

Flea said...

Oh deary dear! Mind you, I copped it once at a Red Rooster, I ordered 2 happy meals, and got two toys but food for one. So I went back and the girl argued I only said 1, so I asked her why did she give 2 toys and she was uhmming hummmin!