Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Dinner

Kirsten's office had their office dinner last night - we went to Amerigo's in the Woodlands.

Our very good friend Red Hot Mamma was gracious enough to urchin-sit for us - for which we are very thankful and will now provide with a 5 dollar gift certificate to Spec's... Seriously, thanks RHM!

Amerigo's was good. Italian food that's rather overpriced for the portions (what do you expect from a dress-nice restaurant?), but very good. We had plenty of appetizers, including escargot, which I never thought I'd try given my aversion to anything it looks like I blew into a tissue. But as far as gastropods go, it wasn't as bad as I'd thought - not too chewy, not too foul. And now that I tried it, I can go the rest of my life without trying it again.

For dinner, I had the Snapper Amerigo's, which was Snapper with crabmeat, leeks, scallions and tomatoes in a reduction of chardonnay and served with wild rice. Excellent - I highly recommend it. Kirsten had a Salmon dish that came with berries - also very good.

All in all it was a good evening. Kirsten had fun, and I don't think I embarrassed her too much with my lack of couth. It's nice to get our annual night's break from the kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of RHM, but also grateful that she was there to take care of my little guys. Pass some hugs on from me to them. And my love, of course, to all 5 of you.

Flea said...

Can I hire RHM too, I struggle with baby sitters here and don't have a social life!!
Sounds like a good evening Steve.