I was tagged. I was actually tagged a couple weeks ago by Bookworm, but forgot due to my copious studying. I then had my mild panic attack the other day and got tagged again by Jae. Since I'm trying to stave off going back to study some more (8 hours of going over a multiple choice test, woohoo!), I figured I'd take a moment to answer:
The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
So, here goes:
1. Thing - My wife and I met in 1987 on my third day in the Mann Jr. High Advanced Studies Program - ASP. She was in 9th grade; I in 7th, and our teacher, Mr. Shelton, assigned us as writing partners. 14 years later, we got married - my wife and I, not Mr. Shelton and me.
2. Thing - I drink Coca-Cola. A lot. Much more than I should. At least once a year I try to quit, and succeed for a day, maybe two. I think the most I have gone in the last 10 years was a week. I also refuse to drink Pepsi. If I'm at a restaurant that serves Pepsi, I will have root beer.
3. Thing - I am a veteran. I received a medal for my service during Operation Allied Force. This is significant to me, because I feel like that's where I really did serve my country.
4. Habit - I'm a nail-biter. I have been my whole life. It's chronic, and gets worse when I'm stressed, which is probably why I have no nails now.
5. Habit - I'm superstitious when it comes to sports. When I played softball/baseball, I wouldn't walk on the chalk in the basepaths. When I play tennis, if I have a very strong serve, I will repeat everything I did for that serve, including position, until I don't serve well (often, the next serve - I'm not a good tennis player). When I bowl, if I get a mark, I won't look at the scoreboard until I don't have a mark. If I get a strike, I will also return to my previous seat and sit in the exact same position and not move until my next turn - if I get another strike, then I will repeat that, until such time as I don't get a strike.
6. Thing - I speak Korean "fluently." I put the fluently in quotes, because even when I was "fluent" in Korean, I had difficulty carrying on conversations that went beyond normal chit-chat. I still believe that I could pick it back up pretty quickly if I really wanted to, being that it's the vocabulary I've lost, not the rules of grammar.
7. Thing - My birthday has something in common with a convenience store chain.
8. Habit - Before taking a test, I drink a bottle of orange juice. When I was in Physical Science in 9th grade, we were studying the scientific theory, and the example in the book used orange juice, and the results of the testing showed that people who drink OJ on the day of a test scored 2 to 3 points higher than those who didn't. Now it's become a superstition.
Now I'm off to study some more. I've not included the links of those I'm going to tag, and I won't tag 8, but, for those of you who are interested, go ahead.
My taggees are: Mom, Cassie, Kir, Nuje, Just Wondering, and RHM (because I know you aren't doing anything important right now - j/k)