Saturday, September 20, 2008

A quick update

Day 8 and we're still in the dark. My neighbor is currently cranking up his generator. Fortunately, the fumes don't make it to our house, but it can be noisy. I am not going to be the guy that asks someone else to be less comfortable just to make it that little bit quieter for me (besides, there are at least four houses within football throwing distance of ours that have generators running).

I'm currently running on my battery for my laptop - this is basically the second time I've been on the computer outside of work since the hurricane. I am back at work; had to put in about 5 hours today as well to help make up some of the time we lost this week.

The kids are handling everything pretty well; they seem to enjoy having had the week off of school, though I doubt they're going to enjoy having to make that time up in the spring.

I will be traveling to Boston in October. Two trips for two depositions. It will be nice to get back to that part of the country - I love visiting Boston. It's my favorite east coast city to visit, and neck and neck with San Francisco as my favorite city to visit.

The wife will be staying home on Monday as we still have no electricity and the kids' school is cancelled and there is apparently no daycare yet.

Fortunately, I was able to spend a few hours at Photog's house with the Princess on Wednesday after leaving non-work and got some laundry done, which got us through the week and should cover us (get it?) until Tuesday, when hopefully we will have our own power back.

In other news, I bought myself a wireless router for my computer. I ordered a Linksys 802.11n wireless router that is reverse compatible with my old laptop, and will be good for my next PC. It's refurbished, which means I got it discounted; picked it up for $50 at Fry's. They will be delivering it next week; I wonder which will get here first, it or the power...

In other news, the bloom appears to be off the Palin rose. I'm not sad. I think it was a bad, desperate move on the McCain campaign's part. I'll try to provide some links to good posts that I've seen today commenting on her lies, her distortions, and her lack of intellect on that which she was presented as being one of the top minds in America about...

1 comment:

photog said...

You guys are welcome to come back for laundry, or a/c, or just to watch some cable tv. We're going to my parents tomorrow evening for dinner, but we should be around in the afternoon. Also, I am back to work on Monday, but Feisty is at home if Kir needs anything on Monday.

We're happy to help however we can. Don't worry; you're not imposing. That's what friends are for.