Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Wow, I'm Tired

Today was a pretty long day. The first day back at school for the kids after the holiday saw me going to work on a day that I was originally intending to be in Boston on a deposition. It's fortunate that I was there, as we had discovery responses due, and I was the one who drafted the responses. After my supervising attorney put his touches on the drafts, I had to transfer the work to the other 56 documents. This took a little longer than I initially thought it would, but it was not too bad.

Discovery can be rather stressful, not necessarily because the responses are tough to get, but rather, trying to find the proper objections for the ridiculous questions that prove to be little more than an exercise in billing from opposing counsel. Still, we got them all done and out the door before 6, so we did all right.

In the meantime, I get to continue my research for another docket that is in depositions, prepare for my own deposition on a third docket, prepare a case summary for that docket, and field inquiries on a fourth docket from angry clients who don't understand that just because a settlement agreement has been reached does not mean that they are automatically entitled to their money on demand.

No comments: