Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Partiers

I don't get it. I really don't. I understand disliking increased spending. But I don't understand how because it's being done by a President with a (D) after his name, that's the reason it's bad/wrong.

We just had 8 years of Federal expansion greater than any since the Johnson administration, yet there was hardly a peep from Rush, Hannity, or any of the others who have been touting the "tea parties."

Andrew Sullivan has a much better take on this with several posts today.

3 comments:

DB said...

Not to mention that they are protesting their current taxes on the tax day where last years taxes are due...you know, when Bush was President.

Pelmo said...

What I don't like is being treated like a fool. It may sound good when Obama says so many more Americans are getting a tax break.

I don't consider $400 a whopping tax break. It comes to a little over a dollar, and you can't even buy a cup of coffee or candy bar for that.

The other thing that annoys me is that I had to alter my lifestyle after loosing thousands in my retirement plans. Yet the bankers and Wall Street, that caused this, are rewarded with billions in bail outs, and continue to lead the good life.

It's one thing to screw me, but don't insult me by throwing a few pennies my way, and expect me to jump for joy as so many people are.

red.hot.mamma! said...

Tea bagging. Hee hee. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

What's next? The dirty Sanchez immigration protest? Conservatives really need to discover urbandictionary.com. (I wish i could take credit for the dirty Sanchez thing but I totally stole that from one of my Facebook friend's status updates.)