Monday, April 30, 2007

My fingers are bleeding

My International Environmental Law final is due today.

As of Friday, I had successfully selected a topic, but that is all.
I spent Friday evening outlining, and then I scrapped the topics I'd originally decided on and chose two new topics. I started the first one Friday night, getting about a page and a half done before hitting the hay and getting up Saturday Morning, where I went back to work. After taking a break to take the kids on a picnic, take a nap, and then watching the last period of the RedWings game, I finished my first problem at about seven pm - 9 pages, not bad for a 5 page minimum/10 page maximum. I'm notorious for writing just over the minimum required, but there was too much to discuss in this one for brevity. I then took a few minutes respite before starting to write my second problem. I successfully got half a page done on it before I realized I was just plumb tuckered out. I woke up at 3 in the morning unable to think about anything but the London Convention, UNCLOS, and environmental law with respect to the oceans and seas. So I went back downstairs and got back to work. I finished another 2.5 pages before I was able to finally go back to bed. I then spent Sunday finishing up my paper, which I finally completed at about Seven - I got about halfway through my tenth page with that one. Again, there was just so much to discuss.

Then, I got to get back to work on my Guaranty agreement for my Transactional Skills class. I had been on page 3 of that Agreement when I started. By the time I went to bed at 1, I was up to page 17, and then I spent 3 hours this morning finishing the final seven pages of the first draft to send in for review.

So in the course of about 48 hours, I've basically typed 40 pages. That's pretty good for me. And to celebrate, I get on the blogger and write a whole bunch more.

In other news, Friday was my last day at my internship, at least until after the Bar, or until I get a job that pays, whichever comes first. I'm going to really miss that job. It was one of the first jobs I've had in years where I actually looked forward to going to work every day, which I think is one of the best compliments you can give to a workplace. The people were outstanding, the job was challenging, but not overly stressful (even I got used to client contact), though I know it gets more stressful the more you are there. I understand they are looking to do an internship program in the fall, as well, and I encourage them to do so. It's one of my best legal education experiences. Thanks, guys.

No comments: