Monday, February 18, 2008

Worn Out

I'm a little tired. I've been trying to do a good job of getting to the gym 3-4 times a week. Last week I didn't quite make it; I only went on Sunday. But this week, I have gone 3 straight days, and should be able to make it on Wednesday with little trouble, and perhaps on Thursday, if the kids behave, I can get them into the pool again.

While I was changing after my workout (33 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes on weights - lower body today, and 15 minutes in the sauna), I was listening to CNN. There were two opinionated pundits on there discussing the democratic campaign. One was hypothesizing that more people were supporting Obama than Clinton because they viewed Obama's campaign as his running for the People, while they viewed Clinton's campaign as her running for herself. This set off the other pundit, who must be a Clinton supporter. He decried her daring to suggest that Clinton was running for president just for herself. As the first pundit tried to correct him, pointing out that she said it seemed as though the perception to the public was what she was referring to, pundit number two just kept interrupting and talking louder and louder to make sure his objection to her opinion that Clinton was just in it for Clinton was heard above and beyond the truth.

Pundit number two wasn't Hillary. But his antics are exactly what I see coming out of the Clinton campaign, and it's what I see coming out of the White House for another four years if Hillary is elected.

1 comment:

Bellejar said...

I have joined the Obamamania. I tend to agree Clinton is pretty establishment these days.