Friday, April 04, 2008

I want ice cream

But I don't get to have any. This is because my children did not eat all their dinner. I hate when my children get in the way of my plans. (Caveat: this is because I had promised the children ice cream if they finished their dinners and they didn't, at least not until I lost my patience with them about eating their dinner and took the ice cream promise out of the equation, when one of them did finish his dinner, thinking he'd be able to then get ice cream while the others didn't, even though I had already told them no ice cream because I'd run out of patience. I don't mean that I regret my children, which is a falsehood, I would never trade my children for ice cream. An A&W Root Beer Float, maybe; we'll have to talk. But just ice cream? Never.)

1 comment:

red.hot.mamma! said...

I would give you some sort of lecture about forcing your kids to overeat or eat too fast, except when you say that you lost patience with them not finishing their dinner, I totally get what you're talking about, childless though I am. But you kind of shot yourself in the foot with the ice cream there, Pops. Or did you sneak a bowl after they went to bed? I would have totally done that. Or worse yet, told them that "Ha! FAIL! No ice cream for you! But I finished, so now you have to watch me eat ice cream." But I'm evil that way.