Saturday, April 05, 2008

True Story

I enlisted in the Air Force in 1995. The weeks before I enlisted, I decided to give myself a little vacation and flew back to Michigan to visit my family, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. The trip was fun; I got to play basketball with the cousins, go to the sports bar with my aunt, chew the fat with my grandparents, and just have fun all around. Perhaps one of the most interesting parts of the trip was the day I flew out. My uncle Bill works for GM in one of the parts shops - he replaces the parts of the car that are damaged and still under warranty, the hood, the doors, etc. I got to go spend the morning with him at the shop, as he was taking me to the airport to fly home. While I was there, I got to help replace a front quarter panel and a bumper for a Pontiac that had come in for repairs. This was exciting for me, because it was the first time I'd ever had an auto-body experience.

3 comments:

photog said...

DAMNIT! I should know by now ... if the story looks its going nowhere, it's probably going nowhere. Why do I still have to read to the last line to figure this out? And then I just feel violated, as though you've betrayed my trust by saying, "let me share a piece of my soul with you ... or NOT!"

See you next Sunday. We'll probably just do lunch. This work thing is really cramping my style - waking up to an alarm, working late, etc. I'm trying to get all my school work done on the weekend so I can actually sleep during the week.

Steve said...

Gotta be careful what you wish for...

Just lunch will be fine. We know y'all are in a spot of adjustment. Just don't forget June is Sea World.

Steve said...

Oh, and that is a true story; I just never realized how it was a good set up for a joke until now.