Saturday, April 19, 2008

Job Searches

I have my resume on a couple job search websites. I do this because I look for jobs occasionally.

I had a hit the other day. Keith Grivaldi e-mailed me about a job opening for a paralegal position with Nouri Law. Apparently my previous experience with legal is outstanding, outstanding enough to take a job that technically is a step down from attorney, and a job that pays less than I make now.

I was invited to apply, or get more information by clicking on the link. Instead, I looked up Keith Grivaldi's name. Apparently he's the HR director for a couple different companies, none of which exist. Sometimes I get nervous when people ask for my information. This one was pretty latent, and I might not have caught it (or just completely ignored it altogether) but for the ridiculously phrased sentence "Your previous experience with legal is outstanding." Even if this were a legit offer, it's not one I would take simply because I can't see myself working for a firm that writes so poorly.

Anyway, avoid e-mails from Keith Grivaldi.

In other news, I gave blood today, and my BP was down to 124/80. Lowest it's been in years - those Julios chips really are paying dividends.

4 comments:

red.hot.mamma! said...

Your experience with legal really IS outstanding! There are many job's that you can get.

Rachel Hall said...

Kieth Gravaldi or whatevre scammed me too! Well sounds like you were not dumb enough to fill out the form. I was. I wonder hwat they will do with my info. Grrr:)

Anonymous said...

So it no good? That's a shame.

Anonymous said...

Has anything serious happened to anyone who has given their basic information to Mr. Grivaldi?