Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Diving Headfirst Into the 21st Century

I got my iPod shuffle in the mail a couple days ago. It's my first foray into MP3 players. I bought it with blood - literally.

Anyway, as I was registering my iPod and getting it set up to play music, I had to sign a few terms and conditions. I read through them and noticed the following, which is one of those terms that you think should go without saying but still needs to be said:

THE APPLE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.

I'm not sure how many people are going to try to operate a nuclear facility with an MP3 player, but I wouldn't put it past McGuyver.

1 comment:

photog said...

Whatever happened to McGuyver? I used to watch it non-stop on TNT when I would visit my grandparents. (We were curely deprived of cable TV as children). Paper clip + bubble gum wrapper + old car battery = supersonic jet pack. How great is that!?!