Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I looked at my clock and realized it was just past midnight.

I'm tired as can be, but I can't sleep.

Things are starting to pick up steam in our lives; we're looking at houses to buy, though we're probably about 20k away from what we'd really like. I'm getting busier with trial prep for my firm, which is significant because I was initially hired to review records for 8 weeks to finish a settlement. Rumour has it I'll be moving into an office here shortly. The Boy is finishing third grade while the Princess is enjoying her last 3 weeks of Kindergarten. The Apple is anxious as can be to start school himself.

The Missus (Happy Mother's Day, dear) is thinking about getting herself a realtor's license so that she can get herself a promotion at work; which I encourage.

However, all of this going on at once is a bit of a blow to the system, and I think part of the insomnia right now is due to that. I'm not opposed to change; I just prefer it happen gradually, not unlike Continental Drift. Anyway, I need to get some rest here pretty soon, because the kids will be up in 5 hours, and the Wife gets to sleep in today.

No comments: