Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Moving On Up

So we're going to buy a house. We got pre-approved last Friday, and we spent the weekend shopping. There are a couple, three houses we like; one in this area - only about 2 miles from here, with a different school for the kids, but they'd keep the same daycare and pretty much the same daily routine. The other two are closer to the Woodlands, probably about 15 miles away, but with higher rated schools and younger homes.

We're looking forward to owning again. It's rather tough to go from house to apartment, especially when you move from house to drug/gang/cockroach infested apartment.

But at least we're (relatively) convenient to the mall, medical care, Downtown and the Galleria, and pretty good dining.

Decisions

3 comments:

Feisty 'Bama Princess said...

Have you gotten a full credit approval or just a pre-approval? Two different things depending on the quality and knowledge level of the people you're working with... :)

Steve said...

We have a certified cash buyer certificate.

I don't know what any of that means.

photog said...

I'm hoping you guys make it north, but only because I can't wait to go to the local park/pool with the young 'uns and act a fool. If I were you, I would definately stay closer to work. I'm quickly growing to detest the daily hour commute, and I don't have to deal with traffic.