Monday, May 26, 2008

In Memorium

I spent 8 years in the Air Force. I am proud to have served. I followed my father, my grandfathers, and my great-grandfather, all of whom donned a uniform and swore to defend this country against all threats - foreign and domestic.

Today is a day to remember those who served. It's a day to put aside all differences, even differences in approach to the military or the use of the military, and pause for a moment before the big family barbeque, or before you go to that big furniture sale, or buy your new car for one dollar down to thank those who put their own wants aside to defend your liberty. It's a day to remember those who serve, those who served, those who fought, and those who died. This is a day to remember Americans.

There are hundreds of days to be petty, political, pontificating, or imprudent. There are scant few dedicated to putting aside all our differences and focus on what unites us all - the flag and those who defend it.

Thank you.

No comments: