Monday, March 30, 2009

It's a Long Long Evening

I'm taking a five minute break from working to do a quick post. I need the break; I've been pulling docs for 12 of the last 14 hours.

I don't mind doing document review. It's kind of like hunting - you know the goods are out there, you just need to know where to find it. That said; I would like something a little more dynamic to hang my hat on than "doc review attorney." I'm still not certain I want anything to do with playing first chair in a trial setting, but poring through thousands of internal documents every day to find the 5-10 decent ones isn't the most gratifying of work - and it doesn't exactly feel "lawyerly."

Still, it's amazing how finding new information on a topic can change how you view it. I'm no longer convinced that pharmaceuticals are looking out for the customer. If they were, they'd research all illnesses, not just the fiscally rewarding ones.

Oh well, back to work

No comments: