Although the new pop/hip-hop/metal stuff isn't to my taste, with a few exceptions.
I'm a real fan of 60's and 70's music, and since I grew up in the 80's and 90's, I followed it then as well.
And of course it's an inequivocable, unarguable, undebatable fact that the Beach Boys "Good Vibrations" is the single greatest rock and roll song of all time, bar none.
I always found it interesting when people would remake a song, because often, in my mind, it wasn't as good as the original. But that's my opinion. What do you think about the following?
1. Land of 1000 Dances - Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs, or Wilson Picket?
2. American Pie - Don McLean or Madonna?
3. The LocoMotion - Little Eva, or Kylie Minogue?
4. Venus - Shocking Blue or Bananarama
5. Gloria - Them or Shadows of Knight
6. Hooked on a Feeling - Blue Suede or David Hasselhoff
7. Hazy Shade of Winter - Simon and Garfunkel or the Bangles
8. I Saw Her (Him) Standing There - Tiffany
9. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler or Nicki French
10. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns and Roses or Sheryl Crow
11. California Girls - Beach Boys or David Lee Roth?
12. Live and Let Die - Wings or Guns and Roses?