Saturday, November 11, 2006

The 11th day of the 11th Month

This is a day for remembering, for thanking the millions of Americans, past and present, republican, democrat, and libertarian, who have put their country before themselves and donned a uniform and taken up arms to defend it. This is a day to thank those who did what so many wouldn't do, what so many would have done "but for" whatever reason. We are free today because there are men and women willing to preserve that freedom. As a veteran of Operation Allied Force, I would like to thank those who have served before me, including my father, both grandfathers, and my great grandfather, all of whom served during significant times in our world's history - Vietnam, WWII and Korea, and the Spanish American War, respectively. Thank you, my comrades in arms, for having the courage to continue the fight, for continuing to defend our country. I'm proud to have served with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, my son. I am so proud of you; I am proud of your dedication and committment to your family and to your country. Even after your active duty, you continue to serve your country as you take an active interest in political issues. Thank you.

nuje said...

Happy day after the 11th, Steve.

Teacherman and I were camping with the Scouts this weekend. Good way to spend Veterans Day.

nuje said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.