I replied to a post at Particleman's website (www.particleman.org), where I started a short list of actresses who annoy me for various reasons. Due to the replies that reply got, I've decided to make a post of my own on here with actresses that bug the heck out of me. Everyone is free to add to the list as they see fit. The only rules I have is 1. You have to have a reason, not just "she's lame," 2. if you disagree with someone else's addition, you can say you disagree, but give a valid reason, not just "She is NOT!," and 3. If you agree with someone else, go ahead and share that with the world, as well.
At any rate, without further ado, here's the start of my list, which I'm sure I'll add to as well:
1. Meg Ryan. Easily rates as my Most Annoying Actress. She plays one role ad nauseum, and doesn't really convey any dramatic range. She has that same sideways, aloof grin in all her movies where I can't tell if she is content or trying not to belch. Finally, her diner scene is When Harry Met Sally is overplayed to the point that I think it should be banned from any rebroadcast from now until the end of time.
2. Jennifer Lopez. Can she act? Her tone never changes, and she hasn't shown any emotion in any movie for as long as I can remember. In fact, I think I saw more range from her days as a dancer on In Living Color than I have in any of her movies. Examples: look at her scared in Anaconda, then look at her empathetic in Jack, then look at her mad in the Cell, then look at her motivated in Selena, then look at her at all in Gigli. Are any of those images any different in your head? I didn't think so.
3. Reese Witherspoon. Heiress to the Meg Ryan I'm so perky I need barbituates to keep from driving everyone near me insane approach to the world. Perhaps it's not her fault. Perhaps it's the roles she's been given, but I don't think so. Sweet Home Alabama could have used just about anyone who could read a line, but they wanted "sassy." ugh. Legally Blonde was an exercise in annoying shtick. On the bright side, she's rather young, so she'll be able to annoy the snot out of us for years to come.
4. Courtney Cox. I didn't like her before Friends. I like her even less now. I don't think she's that talented, her hair looks like she washed it in Quaker State, and she's so scary skinny that when she was pregnant it looked like she ate a raisin that refused to digest. ugh.
5. Julia Roberts. The woman who started this whole thing. Is there anything about her that's really worthwhile? I remember hearing about a charitable event she worked at where she wouldn't go near the kids because they were "smelly" or something like that. When she was filming Erin Brokovich, apparently she rented a house, then complained because the owners had a dog and there was "dog smell."She's reportedly a real slob herself. It doesn't help that her movies are all annoying as all get out as well. And she just strikes me as really needy.
That's all for now. There are more, indeed I posted more than that on Particleman's blog, but I've got to get back to work here, and I'll be able to add to this soon. I can't wait to see what everyone else puts.