Sunday, May 01, 2005

Slow morning

I've decided to let my wife sleep in today, inasmuch as it's Sunday, and she tried to let me sleep in yesterday. My oldest two are watching "The Incredibles." I actually like this movie. It's a fun show with clever dialogue. I've been rather impressed with Pixar movies so far. They seem to have a sharp writing and character development that a lot of other movies miss.

It's still not as good as "Hoosiers," the best sports movie of all time, or "Searching For Bobby Fischer," the best chess movie of all time, or "In the Name of the Father," one of the best movies of all time. But, it's a good flick.

Only 19 more days until the final installment of Star Wars. I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out; I'm afraid there are too many loose ends to tie up, to the point that it's going to either be too crowded, or will gloss over "important" things. Then again, it's just a movie, but it's one I've been anxious to see...

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

My son, in common with all the neighborhood boys between 4 and 8 spent several days after watching the movie convincned that he was Dash. He did not walk anywhere; he only ran, and then he'd seek assurances that he ran as fast as Dash did.

A lot of people who watched the movie were impressed by the social commentary regarding the fact that schools attempt to make everybody the best, and end up in making nobody the best. I was actually most charmed by what a perfect James Bond spoof the movie is.

Can't speak to Hoosiers, but will have to check it out now, since I love sports movies.

P.S. How incredibly nice of you (speaking of Incredibles) to let your wife sleep in.