Monday, May 02, 2005

Sometimes it's not good to procrastinate

My tabs are expired on my car. They expired last November. I keep meaning to renew them, but I keep forgetting.

Last night, I had a notice placed on my car from the folks at the apartment complex that my car would be towed at my expense for having expired tabs. They gave me five days to comply. Our lease says I must be given 10 days' notice. I should bring this up and really tick the people off.

I think I've already caused some problems by writing the main office to complain about the broken access control gates and point out their liability to tenants and tenant property. On the bright side, the letter resulted in their beginning of repairs within a one week period. Though they didn't expressly acknowledge their liability, I'm pretty sure I could win a lawsuit if something happened while the repairs were taking place.

In the meantime, I am pretty sure if my car gets towed, I could win a suit for trespass to chattels if nothing else. That won't happen, though, since I'm going to renew my tabs this morning. Still, it'd be fun, wouldn't it?

No comments: