Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I've been meme'd

So I'll give my answers:
(1) Number of books I own: I own about 100-150. I don't buy a lot of books, and when I'm done, I like to donate them or let friends have them to read.

(2) Last book bought: The last books I bought were for my wife; Tom Robbins' "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates" and Marian Keyes' "The Other Side of the Story." The last book I bought for myself was Sun Tzu's The Art of War as presented by Ralph Sawyer.

(3) Last book I read: The last book I finished was probably Mitch Albom's "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," but I'm currently reading the aforementioned Art of War, and Federal Income Taxation, Examples and Explanations, riveting stuff.

(4) Five books that mean a lot to me:
a. King Bidgood's in the Bathtub is probably a favorite because my daughter (age 3) is "reading" it daily, as did her brother when he was 3.
b. "Tuesdays with Morrie," it's just a fantastic book.
c. "The Two Koreas" by Don Oberdorfer. This chronicles the situation on the Korean Peninsula quite well, and helps explain my concern for the region.
d. The Sun Never Rises: a Rainthology - This is a collection of short stories and poems written by my mom's writing group; I'm proud of her for getting herself published.
e. I Had Trouble In Getting To Solla-Sallew, by Dr. Seuss. It's not his best selling book, nor is it his most famous, but, the message is clear: You can't run from your problems, you have to deal with them sometime.

Now, I'm supposed to pass this on, but I think instead I'll leave it open here for everyone so inclined to post on. Thank you Bookworm for tagging me!

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

My kids never took to King Bidgood, although I thought it was one of the better children's books out there.

An eclectic mix, Steve, but not surprising, knowing your broad range of interests.