Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Pistons in the Finals!

I said it at the beginning of the playoffs, Pistons and Spurs in the finals. Pardon my gloating, but I'm so rarely right with my predictions that I have to relish the rare occasion where I'm right.

There are going to be plenty of people who will say that Detroit doesn't deserve to be in the finals. Tommyrot. If they didn't deserve to be in the finals, they wouldn't be in the finals. Injuries happen in sports; that's one of the reasons they require physicals. It's a shame that Dwayne Wade was hurt, but, that wasn't the fault of the Pistons, and it wasn't guaranteed that the Heat would have won had Wade been 100%, anyway.

At any rate, these look to be an exciting finals, with the Detroit "We won't work our hardest until we're discredited in the media some way" Pistons and the San Antonio "Manu's got the hair, Tony's got the tongue, and Tim's the coolest big man outside of Detroit" Spurs.

No comments: