Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Happy Birthday Julliard

That's right, Julliard is 100, everyone sing happy birthday - but you better not sing off-key. I'm pretty sure everyone knows about Julliard, *the* school for actors, musicians, and Alan Greenspan (seriously, read the article). It's impressive that they've been the standard bearer for so long.

Had I been more dedicated in my younger days, perhaps I could have gone, well, maybe not to Julliard, but, I did receive invitations to audition for the Berklee College of Music. Now, I wasn't a great band geek (I played Trumpet and French Horn), I was pretty good. In my Senior year of high school, I was selected for three honors band programs, and was considered one of the ten best French Horn Players in Washington State. (There were about 8 french horn players, so that's not quite the honor it appears, j/k). Still, perhaps, had I the 24,000 a year it would have cost in tuition back in 1993, and had I just a speck more dedication to music back then, I loved playing, but hated practicing, who knows? I might be a Horn Player in Berlin now. Berlin's orchestra has the best French Horn section in the world.

No comments: