Monday, October 24, 2005

Politics is wearing me out

I'm tired about hearing about what new scandal the president and his staff are facing. I'm tired of reading yet another scholarly type argue that Harriet Miers is unqualified, or a crony, or whatever. I'm tired of the war in Iraq, of people so unclear as to the party line rationale behind our going in the first place, of people utterly clueless about why it's utterly inconceivable that we would leave now (think about it in terms of raising a child. We're parenting a democracy there. we can't push it out of the nest until its ready to fly on its own). I'm tired of reading about Judith Miller, and Valerie Plame, and whoever else is involved. I'm embarrassed that Kay Bailey Hutchinson would announce that she hopes that "If there's an indictment, that it is an indictment on a crime and not some perjury technicality where they couldn't indict on teh crime and so they go to something just to show that their two years of investigation wasn't a waste of time and taxpayer dollars," on Meet The Press.
I'm tired about hearing democrats complain about tax cuts only going to the rich and I'm tired of Republicans crying for tort reform (because they oftentimes don't know what they're saying). I'm tired of hearing about gay marriage and amendments defining marriage as between a man and a woman. I'm tired of hearing about it.

No comments: